Tuesday, March 11, 2008

snakebite lady

Trekked off to a farm yonderside of Warden yesterday for an electromagnetic therapy session with the woman (doesn’t want to be Mentioned By Name and never advertises) who may or may not be a quack, but who is famed for healing the puff adder bite victim.

The idea is you get hooked up to a small machine that reads your body's electromagnetic fields (?) and produces a biofeedback report ,then zaps you with the appropriate balancing energies.

Sounds exactly whacky enough to be interesting to me (I speet on your conventional medicine).

Met the therapist in her little house slap on the bank of a fast, full river on a beef farm. Perched on her red velvet living room furniture drinking instant coffee and dunking rusks while a Jack Russel named Tequila sat at my feet staring intently at my every gulp. All very normal in a Free State sort of way.

The whole schpiel would take too long to describe, and anyway nothing happened. Just sat there making small talk while ‘the machine’ did it’s thing.

Despite my scepticism, the feedback accurately reported all my physical crumblings including pinpointing the back and neck pain, and some other stuff.

Feel a bit woozy and stiff in the neck today and I imagine the shoulder injury is easier. A bit like the day after physio. (The wooziness may be from staying up far too late, partly due to my bedroom last night being full of beetles, mozzies, bugs, crawlies, mantises and insects of all shapes. Get the message: Do not leave windows open at night, dummy. Somehow I always think this is the night the insects will stay away. Haha. It's delicious air or insect-free sleep. Prefer delicious air).

So, back to the shape I'm in ... go back for the next session in a week or so.

Will see how things go in the next few months and letcha know if I'm heeealedHallelujahGlorah!

No comments: